Vulcain is one brand that is always in the fringes of commonly known brands. For watch enthusiasts, this brand needs no introduction. There is a vast legion of loyal fans.
Old school divers will love the “dive computer” designed into the dial. A computer that does not need battery. Like slide rulers, users, by following simple rules can easily calculate the necessary decompression time needed for a particular dive.
For me, the gem is still the alarm complication.
With its vintage look, collectors will want to have one in their collection.
NAUTICAL SEVENTIES Vulcain Trophy
Ref. : 100159.082L
- Case: 316L steel
- Back: triple case-back
- Dial: blue
- Diameter: 42.00 mm
- Thickness: 17.60 mm
- Glass: hesalite
- Water resistance: 300 metres / 990 feet
- Movement: Calibre Vulcain Cricket manufacture V-10, mechanical 12-lignes manually-wound alarm movement, 25 jewels, 157 parts, twin barrels, equippe with Exactomatic system, 48° angle of lift
- Decoration: nickel coating, blued screws
- Functions: hours, minutes, central seconds, alarm, fixed dial with decompression-table indication and 60-minute graduated rotating inner bezel ring activated by a screwlocked crown at 4 o’clock
- Frequency: 18,000 vibrations/hour
- Power reserve: 42 hours
- Alarm duration: approx. 20 seconds
- Strap: 22/18 mm